Diving head-first into a weight loss plan can be difficult to maintain long-term if you don’t plan to create a lifestyle of healthy habits. Some people try to lose weight through intermittent fasting or simply swearing off junk foods. Others try to make major changes to their diet but quickly begin missing their favorite snack foods. Before they know it, they revert to their old habits and wind up gaining back the pounds they lost (and more).
Take It Day By Day
Consider these five daily habits that you can make to your diet to help stay on-target with your personal goals for managing or losing weight.
- Drink water. Staying hydrated facilitates digestion. Quench your thirst with plain water and tea instead of beverages loaded with calories.
- Focus on whole foods. Cutting back on packaged items will eliminate most empty calories. Make vegetables, fruits, and other natural foods the core of your diet.
- Eat breakfast. Start your day with something hearty and nutritious. Refueling in the morning helps to prevent excessive eating later in the day.
- Boost your protein. Include some protein in each meal and snack. Foods rich in protein fill you up and recharge your metabolism. Plus, your body has to burn more calories to digest them compared to carbohydrates and fats.
- Increase fiber intake. Fiber is an important nutrient that’s often overlooked. Eating more foods rich in fiber, especially soluble or “viscous” fiber, can be a useful tool to support weight loss.
Need Additional Support?
Listen to our Mix It Up! Pharmacy Podcast where we spoke with nutritionist and medical weight loss coach, Jamie Young, about her tips and tricks for keeping nutrition and weight gain under control throughout the winter season.
Our Pharmacists Recommend
Weight Management Testing Kit – Many know that maintaining an ideal weight is difficult despite the best efforts with diet and exercise. Our ‘take at-home’ Weight Management kit is ideal for women or men struggling with
- weight issues;
- menopause or andropause;
- women with polycystic ovaries;
- anyone wanting to get to the root of general health concerns.
Indigo Greens Capsules – Our Indigo Greens capsules include 16 superfoods and provide beneficial nutrients from berries, fruits, vegetables, and greens to support balanced nutrition.
Statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information provided by this website or this company is not a substitute for individual medical advice.
Connect with Us
If you have any questions or would like additional information about the pharmacy, please contact us Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, excluding all major holidays.