Written by: Ashland Arey PharmD. Candidate
Alright ladies, let’s talk menopause.
As we age, we start to experience “the change” because our bodies are not producing hormones like they used to. It sucks, I know! The good news is that there are options available to help make this change more manageable! For those approaching the mid-40s to mid-50s, you might have started experiencing these changes already.1 Symptoms can include vaginal dryness, fatigue, night sweats, sleep disturbances, painful sex, and worst of all, the infamous hot flashes.2 Age of onset and symptomatology can also vary from person to person.1
For this reason, women are willing to try different forms of therapy. Some women find success going the traditional route of hormone replacement therapy (HRT), while others have found less optimal results on conventional treatments. For these women, there are worthwhile alternatives to explore, which are especially necessary for women who must avoid HRT altogether due to a history of cancer, liver disease, heart disease, or blood clot formation. Whichever category you fall under, Innovation Compounding has strategically created a line of non-hormonal therapy options with evidence-based medicine!
Innovation Compounding offers both over-the-counter and prescription supplements designed to support menopause symptoms. These supplements can assist on multiple fronts, including vasomotor symptom support, vaginal dryness, libido/orgasm support, as well as promote estrogen-level balance and maintenance of healthy breast and cervical cells. These supplements contain natural ingredients that have been used for centuries and are backed by evidence gathered in randomized, controlled trials. The ingredients include Black Cohosh, Red Clover, Dong Quai Root, Soy Isoflavones, and Chasteberry fruit, all of which can help with hormone production and provide overall support for women as they transition through menopause.3 Innovation’s creams, lubricants, and suppositories for vaginal dryness relief are made with Vitamins A and E as well as Hyaluronic Acid, which improve vaginal tone and thinning by maintaining proper water balance to ensure skin elasticity and show the same benefit as using conjugated estrogens like Premarin.4 If you are looking to improve libido, our O! Creams contain prescription-strength medications that promote arousal and relaxation.
No matter what your needs entail, Innovation wants to make this transition through perimenopause, menopause, and post menopause as smooth as possible! Here are just some of the specially-formulated options that we can compound to meet your individual needs!
- Hair, Skin, and Nails Capsules
- Vitex (Chasteberry)
- Libido Health Capsules
- Bio-DIM I-3-C Complex for Hormonal Balance
- Menopause Support Capsules with Isoflavones and Black Cohosh
- Prescription Only
- Belladonna/Ergotamine/Phenobarbitol Capsules
- Hyaluronic Acid/Vitamin E/Vitamin A Vaginal Lubricant
- Aminophylline + Arginine + NTG Cream
- Sildenafil + Aminophylline + NTG Cream
- Vitamin E Vaginal Cream Lubricant
- Vitamin E Vaginal Suppositories
See our full list of OTC Supplements on our online store: www.innovationcompounding.store!
*Statements within have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.5
- Mcknight KK, Wellons MF, Sites CK, et al. Racial and Regional Differences in Age at Menopause in the United States: Findings from the Reasons for Geographic and Racial Differences in Stroke (REGARDS) Study. American journal of obstetrics and gynecology. 2011;205(4):353.e1-353.e8. doi:10.1016/j.ajog.2011.05.014.
- Jokar A, Davari T, Asadi N, Ahmadi F, Foruhari S. Comparison of the Hyaluronic Acid Vaginal Cream and Conjugated Estrogen Used in Treatment of Vaginal Atrophy of Menopause Women: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial. International Journal of Community Based Nursing and Midwifery. 2016;4(1):69-78.
- Soules MR, Sherman S, Parrott E, et al. Executive summary: stages of reproductive aging workshop (STRAW) Park City, Utah, July 2001. Menopause 2001;8:402-407.