More and more integrative, holistic, and functional medicine practices have found that many patients respond better to IV nutrition when compared to traditional oral supplements. IV nutrition (or parenteral) therapies “are a rising trend in integrative care due to their efficiency and effectiveness.”1
Although there are different ways one can receive micronutrients, providing these nutrients intravenously (IV) may be the most effective way of overcoming nutritional deficiency. IV administration provides direct delivery to the bloodstream, bypassing any obstacles in the digestive system that may prevent patients from getting the necessary nutrients.
IV nutrition therapy, which includes the administration of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other essential micronutrients by intravenous infusion1, are designed to enhance the regeneration aspects of medicine and to repair damages that may have occurred to the biological processes of the body.
The Most Popular IV Therapies We Offer:
- IV Standard Chelation uses either calcium EDTA or disodium EDTA to improve blood flow by removing heavy metals that damage the arteries.
- High-dose IV Vitamin C has demonstrated anti-tumor effects in various cancers, an effect not seen with oral Vitamin C. The pro-oxidant effect of high-dose IV vitamin C has also shown anti-inflammatory activity resulting in suppression of tumor proliferation, angiogenesis, and metastasis.2
- IV Glutathione is supported due to its antioxidant effects. Glutathione deficiency reduces the production of reactive oxygen species and is associated with aging, age-related macular degeneration, lung and GI diseases, preeclampsia, Parkinson’s and other neurodegenerative diseases.
- Myer's Cocktail is an IV vitamin and mineral combination that contains magnesium, trace minerals, B vitamins, and vitamin C. These agents have been reported to improve patient quality of life, decrease fatigue, depression, migraine, and rhinitis, and have shown to improve symptoms of hyperthyroidism, asthma, and cardiovascular disease.3
- Immune Boost Push adds glutathione and acetylcysteine to the Myer’s cocktail for antioxidant and detoxifying properties. Immune Boost can restore levels of GSH, which decrease with age.
If oral supplements have not been effective, talk with your doctor about the possibility of IV nutrition therapy.
- Paoletti, Jim. “12 Popular IV Therapies,” May 30, 2017. Accessed January 3, 2018.
- Grosso G, Bei R, Mistretta A, et al. Effects of Vitamin C on Health: A Review of Evidence. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed.) 2013; 18:1017-29.
- Gaby AR., Intravenous Nutrient Therapy: the “Myer’s Cocktail”. Alternative Medicine Review. 2002; 7(5): 389-403.